Wainscot Wall Padding Panels - Fire Rated
Fire Rated Gym Wall Padding Panels
Wainscot Wall Padding Safeguard Plus (ASTM E84 Class-A Fire Rated) with Mounting Lips on Top/Bottom of Panels
Our Safeguard Plus Conventional Wainscot Wall Padding has a Class-A fire rating in accordance with ASTM E84-91a (Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials). This fire rating encompasses the entire panel including the wood backing, neoprene foam core and vinyl cover! Get this fire retardant wall padding in order to get up to code for your next fire inspection.
The wall panels are manufactured with a 7/16" thick, wooden back panel that provides a 1" nailing lip at the top and bottom of each panel. Safeguard Plus wainscot wall pads are recommended for brick or ceramic block walls.
Our 14 ounce per square yard vinyl fabric provides great puncture and tear resistance. Our fabric is fire retardant, compounded with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agents, and can be easily cleaned with mild soap and water.
Safeguard Plus: 1.5" thick (8.5 lb. density), open-cell, neoprene foam that is laminated to a 3/8" thick treated wood backing to create a total panel thickness of just under 2".
Common Uses and Applications:
- Anywhere padding is needed where building or safety codes require a fire-rated pads
- Wall padding behind basketball hoops
- School gymnasium padding including on doors and with cutouts for outlets, thermostats, valves, etc.
- Tantrum room or timeout room in pediatric and adult autism clinics and other mental health facilities. Hospital environments often require fire-rated padding.
- Prevent accidental or purposeful self harm by individuals with behavioral problems and challenges.
- Padding for the walls in Knockerball bubble soccer courts.
- Available in 8 colors
- Panel thickness: 2" Nominal (1-7/8" actual)
- Available height: Standard 5', 6', 7', 8' or Custom Height
- Panel width: Standard 2' wide or Custom Width
- Meets ASTM E84 - Class "A" Rating
- Class-A compliant flame spread index: 15 (allowable range: 0-25)
- Class-A compliant smoke developed value: 250 (allowable range: 0-450)
- Download our Wall Padding Installation Instructions
Special Order: Also available as a special order 2.5" thick version of this safeguard plus wall panel. This panel comes with a 2" thick (5.5 lb density) foam that is somewhat softer (less dense) than the 1.5" thick foam used in the standard panel. Minimum quantity of 10 panels applies to this 2.5" thick panel.
For a non fire rated, less expensive option, see our Guardian and Duo-Guard Wall Pads.
|2' x 5'||$168|
|2' x 6'||$192|
|2' x 7'||$247|
|2' x 8'||$284|
|Custom||Request a Quote|
|Note: Prices shown DO NOT include shipping costs. A shipping quote is required.|