Rubber Mulch - Granular
Rubber Mulch for Playground and Landscape Use
click to enlarge
Granular Rubber Mulch
Coated and Colored
*Uncoated and Uncolored (Raw Black)
* NOTE: Uncoated/Raw Black mulch has not been treated and may therefore leave residue on hands and suraces during handling
(similar to charcoal). Performance, however, is identical to coated/colored.
If you would like to receive a sample, please fill out a quote request below.
Note: Prices shown are for product only
and DO NOT include shipping costs.
A shipping quote is required.
Uncoated mulch has
the color of raw, untreated, used tires
(i.e. inconsistent gray and black)
If you are looking for eco friendly playground mulch or landscape mulch, this is the perfect loose-fill rubber mulch groundcover for playgrounds and commercial landscaping applications. This realistically-textured, granular mulch groundcover is made from 100% recycled rubber and will not fade, rot, compress, or lose its original beauty, even after years of exposure to the elements. This is the perfect substitute for traditional wood mulch, which must be replenished periodically due to wood decomposition. Our recycled rubber mulch, on the other hand, will retain it's original qualities for many, many years. Rated as the safest groundcover on the market, it also provides superior drainage and minimizes dust, keeping children clean while at play.
- Volume per bag: 1.5 cubic feet
- Weight per bag: 39 lbs.
- Ideal as rubber mulch for play area or landscaping
- Saves time and money
- Eco-friendly. Made from recycled rubber tires.
- Looks great 365 days a year. No more need for annual mulching.
- Provides a soft surface to help keep children safe on the playground.
- Does not fade, rot, or compress
- Loose-fill for commercial and residential landscaping applications
- Granular look.
- Inhibits growth of molds and fungi, reducing allergy risk.
- Preserves ground moisture without absorption. Reduces watering by up to 30%.
- Helps keep plants healthy.
- Five times heavier than wood mulches, this rubber mulch will not float, absorb water or erode during heavy rain and flooding.
- Available in two styles
- Colored (recommended): Earthtone, Redwood, Caribbean Blue, Forest Green, or Solid Black. Provides a tailored and elegant look.
- Uncoated/Raw: Uncoated mulch has the color of raw, untreated, used tires (i.e. inconsistent gray and black). If you don't care how it looks but need the same performance, and you just want the cheapest option, then this is your solution.
- Does not attract termites, carpenter ants or other harmful insects.
- When reordering, please note that colors may vary just slightly.
- Guaranteed to be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for 2 years.
- Made in the USA from 100% recycled rubber (99.9% wire free)
IPEMA certified to ASTM F1292.
Made in the USA
We also carry shredded rubber mulch for landscaping.
Installing Mulch for Playgrounds
- The ground area where the playground will lie should either be in a location that will not hold water or have slight grade to allow for proper drainage. In areas where drainage could be an issue; it is recommended to install a drain tile system, with a 3” base of pea gravel or rock to allow for proper drainage.
- Heavy duty weed fabric should be installed under the mulch to separate the mulch from what lies beneath. Depending on the size of the playground, it is recommended to use large rolls of weed fabric (12’ width rolls) to minimize the number seams.
- Use landscape stakes to stake down weed fabric seams and corners. Make sure the stakes are completely hammered down.
- Rubber landscape edging / border is recommended to enclose the playground to contain the mulch. It is recommended to have a few inches between the top of the border and the top of the mulch.
- It is recommended to loosely compact the mulch to either 3 or 6 inches to achieve the desired fall height rating.
Our Rubber mulch has one of the highest shock absorption ratings of any playground covering and rubber mulch, as outlined
by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. It safely absorbs the impact of falls from heights greater than that of
gravel, sand, wood chips and other mulches. Tests determined how high a child could safely fall into a layer of covering
6" deep. Here’s how we rate among other ground covers:
Critical height (maximum fall height) for tested materials given a 6” deep material ground cover.
Wood chips: 7 feet
Engineered wood fibers: 6 feet
Wood mulch: 6 feet
Double-shredded bark: 6 feet
Fine gravel: 6 feet
Medium gravel: 5 feet
Fine sand: 5 feet