Your Cart Is Empty
Yoga Sets (Great Value)
Yoga Products for Kids
Yoga Mat for Kids
Meditation Mat (Zabuton)
Meditation Cushion (Zafu)
Silk Meditation Cushion
Organic Silk Zafu
Props & Accessories
Blankets / Towels
Mat Cleaning Wipes
Organic Meditation Mat
Organic Meditation Cushion
Organic Silk Zafu
Organic Pranayama Pillow
Organic Cotton Yoga Mat
Organic Yoga Bolster
Kapok/Buckwheat Hull Fill
Eco Friendly Products
Carpet Mats With Your Logo
Yoga General Info
Yoga Poses (Asanas)
Request For Quote
What's so special about Bamboo?
- Bamboo requires no pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers in its cultivation
- It starts to re-grow immediately after it is harvested and it regenerates without need for replanting.
- Bamboo is a robust and plentiful resource that removes a vast amount of CO2 from the atmosphere while releasing an abundance of oxygen.
- Bamboo has the ability to grow in a variety of climates, from jungles to high on mountainsides.
- Some varieties of bamboo can grow up to 1 ft a day in mature stands.
- As a natural and renewable resource, bamboo offers an opportunity to turn away from the destruction of native forests towards managed commercial plantations that can be selectively harvested annually without the destruction of the grove or stand as is the case with forests.
- Bamboo minimizes CO2 gases and generates up to 35% more oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees.
- Bamboo has the tensile strength of steel allowing for virtually limitless uses.
- New bamboo stalks naturally regenerate from the old root system which helps control erosion and maintains topsoil on deforested hillsides.
- The bamboo industry employs many people, requires minimal investment and, for the most part, utilizes simple technology and equipment.
See our bamboo wood blocks for yoga and other uses...